torsdag 26 maj 2011

Pork Chop Moment

Apparently we are not only stealing recipes, we are also discarding everything but the metric system (actually I'm totally with you on that one, Your Awesomeness, what's so difficult about counting to ten?! It's like One Two Three Five Six Potato Eight Ten, not exactly rocket surgery, huh?!).

So lets get it on!

I'm at my mothers place on the beautiful island of Öland right now, trying to sell her the Fatify concept.

This is rather sick and queasy:)      what?...oh, sorry, I meant quick and easy!

Gratin Pork Chops, Tomatoes and Cauliflower Mash 
2 Servings

Start of with the tomatoes (actually you should start of with deflowering the Cauliflower and put it to boil but you know how to make The Mash by know...do it!)

1 Tomato
Feta Cheese
Creme Fraiche
Basil or Thyme
Pepper (this time I used Lemon Pepper). 
 

Slice one big tomato in half. Put the halves sliced side up in a oven proof dish, preferably one that also can fit two pork chops.
Mix Feta Cheese, Creme Fraiche, Basil and Pepper together (how much you use of the Feta and Creme Fraiche depends on how much you wanna make...see, it's like the metric system, not that complicated). 
I used about 75 gr of Feta and .75 dl of Creme Fraiche.

No, actually I didn't use Feta, I used "Mediterranean Inspired Cheese" that my mom brought from the store...I guess it was on the cheap side (and folks: if it is cheap, sometimes it will taste cheap. There are no shortcuts to quality, ladies and germs, use real cream, real butter and as close to real, fresh, natural ingredients as you can because it makes all the difference in the outcome).

Put about a tablespoon of the Feta Creme (witch I've used in a lot of dishes..inter alia to tacos..mm..gött!) on each half and put the dish in the oven at 225°C (437°F).

2 Pork Chops
Slices of Cheese
Mushrooms
½ dl Cream 
Basil, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Lemon Pepper and whatnot...don't be afraid of spices, spices are our friends.

Season and fry the pork chops to an almost ready state, put them aside.
Fry the mushrooms with some pepper (again, I used Lemon Pepper but ordinary Pepper will do just fine).
Put in the cream and let it simmer for a while (you do do an occasional stir here, don't you?).  

Take out the tomatoes, put the pork chops alongside them, put the mushrooms on top of the pork chops.
Some slices of cheese on top of the pork chops and tomato and put back into oven until the cheese has melted and has become golden yellow. 

Put some lettuce on a plate, spread some of the Feta Creme on the Lettuce, slice some Cucumber (I use the potato peeler to first peel of the sometimes bitter green stuff and then I peel the rest of the cucumber into thin, nice, fresh slices) over it.

By now, you have made the Cauliflower Mash and you are ready to serve. 


Serves Up Dude!
My mom’s first reaction when I put this in front of her was: “Yuk!”
Whereupon I raised hell for some time as she tried to explain that she had only meant the size of the serving.
“It looks great! but that too much for me” would probably have been my reaction but we can’t all be as wonderful and well-mannered as me…anywhoo:
 

Gött!

 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar