fredag 20 maj 2011

Creamy cheesy cauliflower soup (CCCS)

So I went to my parents, who by the way thinks it's really difficult with my eating habits even though I assured them it's the easiest thing in the world, and they got really hungry at noon (not me though since I had had a great breakfast full of fat, and fat keeps you mätt (satisified)! Anyhow, they had to make lunch and decided to go for a ready-made soup which they would only had to warm up. The soup contained a lot of not-so-healthy things like HFCS in the form of modified corn starch so I decided to make my own soup out of cauliflower. Lots of healthy fats that keeps you mätt and made in no time at all. Yes, because if I had started making the soup at the same time my mother started preparing theirs, it would have been ready at the same time. Which mean you can eat good, healthy fast food. So here is the recipe as follows:

Two servings

1/2 Cauliflower
1 cup (250ml) of Boiling water
1/2 Boullion piece
1/2 Onion
1/2 cup (150ml) Cream
Salt, black and chili pepper to taste
Grated cheese of choice (and by choice I mean full fatty cheese!)

Chop the onion and fry it in butter until it's golden soft. Add the water, boullion and Cauliflower cut in small pieces. Boil until the Cauliflower is done and mixable. Add the cream and bring to boil again, then mix the soup and add the spices. Add the grated cheese and stir until melted. Serve the soup decorated with whatever blooming herbs/weeds you've got nearby, I had Lemon balm and Heartsease in mine. Pleasure for the eyes!

Time it took to make the soup: 10-15 min!


Excuse the crappy photo taken with my iPhone, yeah I said it and I mean it, iPhone is crap! Crap crap crap crap! Whoo, it's feels good to get that out. Again.

Also, someone else in the family loved my soup...

Nellie enjoying my CCCS
Gött!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar