måndag 16 maj 2011

Dressing the burger

Yesterday I wanted to make some hamburgers LCHF style. The recipe demanded me to use barbeque spice blend (a common spice blend here in Sweden, I don't know if there are any similar spice out there in the rest of the world.. well probably there is) but the problem with the blend you get in stores is that it contains monosodium glutamate which I try to avoid as much as possible. Instead I made my own blend, and it turned out very well.

[Maybe I need to introduce myself. Hello, I am the Pretty, Smart and Rich one. I also know how to bake. And cook. And fix a Xbox with cuetips and after shave. Well I'm kind of omniscient. And VERY modest.]

To make this blend (from now on I'll refer to it as BBQSB) you'll need as follows:

1 tbsp Salt
½ tbsp Garlic powder
1 tbsp Paprika powder
½ tbsp Oregano
1 tsp Black pepper
½ tbsp Thyme
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tbsp Onion powder
2 tbsp Cumin (Spiskummin in swedish, not Kummin)
0,5 tsp Nutmeg


Put it in a jar of own choice, and if you do it like me, it will become beautifully layered.

Barbeque Spice Blend

Then you get the pleasure to destroy it all by blending it all with evilous shakes! Moahahah! (Evil laughs are implied).
Now it's ready to put in use. To make my kind of hamburgers (3-4 servings) you'll need:

18 oz (500g) of Minced meat (half beef, half pork)
1 Egg
1/2 cup (100ml) of Cream
2 tbsp of Fibrex (a fiber that's made from sugar beet, low on carbs)
1 Onion
1 Boullion piece 
1 tsp Sambal oelek
1 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp of your home made BBQSB
A dash of chili
3-4 tbsp butter for frying



Mix the cream, the fibrex and all the spices. Stir and let set for about 10 minutes. Chop the onion fine and mix the onion and minced meat with the cream. Let the it set for another 10 minutes. Make the hamburgers and fry it in butter. Serve it between lettuce leafs, tomatoes, cheese, red onions and home made hamburger dressing.


Hamburger dressing 


1/2 cup (100ml) of  mayonnaise
1/2 cup (100ml) of creme fraiche
Tomato paste to taste (not to much though, rich on carbs)
BBQSB to taste


Blend and pour richly over the hamburger. This is the fat that will get you mätt (satisfied)!


Burger dressed as a clam


Later on when you have eaten this delicious meal all you can say is:

Gött!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar