måndag 23 maj 2011

The ponderings of Pones

So, I came home pretty late one night after I had been traveling and of course I had to make something to eat. This special night I had cravings for some kind of bread so I decided to make Pones, a scone-type of bread. It's quick, it's bread, and it's fat! Just my kind of meal.

Pones
10 fl oz (300 ml) PO-fiber (now I don't know what this is called around the world. It is a fine fiber made from potatoe anyhow)
2 tsp of finely grounded psyllium
2 tsp baking powder
a dash of salt
1 egg
1,8 ounces (50 g) butter
8,8 oz (250 g) Quark-curd or cottage cheese


Melt the butter. Mix the dry stuff and add the curd, egg and the butter. Blend well and let it set for about 10 minuets. Make six or seven buns and bake it for about 15-20 minuets in 390 degrees Fahrenheit (250 grader Celsius) 
Before baking

Serve with butter and cheese or do like me, top it with some mackerel in tomatoe sauce (a common student food here in Sweden) mixed with crème fraîche.

Pones with creme fraiche and mackerel topping


Gött!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Thanks:) We ARE kinda funny, I'm funny-looking and The Pretty One actually won a Funny Girl Award :P

    SvaraRadera