måndag 20 juni 2011

Promiscuous Pork

Dare I?
That's what I asked myself: Dare I?
Dare I put another pork-dish up here?
And furthermore: a gratin pork-dish!?

I tell you this, my fellow Lardlovers: I dare!
So here it comes:

Cauliflower and Pork au Gratin with some Lemony Feta'd, actually red, Greens

We start off with the Gratin, you'll want:

1 Head of a Cauliflower
250 grams of Sliced Bacon ('Sidfläsk' in swedish, not Bacon..which is more like..Canadian bacon? ).
200 grams of Cream Cheese
200 ml of Cream
2 Tbsp of Feta Cheese
1-2 Tomatoes (depending on their size...sometimes size Does matter).
1 Tsp of Dijon Mustard
Thyme
Pepper (Black-, White- And Cayenne)
Grated Cheese by your own taste and liking.

Start by dividing the cauliflower into smaller pieces and blanch it 'til it softens a bit (I'll say 6-8 minutes).
Fry the Bacon (which in Swedish is fläsk, which means pork, hence the 'pork au gratin'..confusing? Try doing  your taxes here! Which I don't, since I'm poor, hence the 'poor one').
Mix the Cream Cheese, Cream, Feta Cheese, Dijon Mustard and spices together.
Chop the tomatoes.
Put the cauliflower, bacon (which is..yeah, you know the drill) and tomatoes in an oven-proof dish.
Pour the cheesy cream-thingy over it.
Top of with grated cheese (I used Gouda. I like Gouda as my grated cheese, hence the 'I used Gouda').

Put in oven (225°C/437°F) for approx. 30 minutes.



Now you'll need:

10 Cherry Tomatoes*
Feta Cheese
Thyme
Lemon Vinegar

Just chop the tomatoes, sprinkle with feta cheese, thyme and lemon vinegar, mix together, done!

  
  And by that I mean  Gött!


 *And, as you already thought to yourself: it looks like he only used 7 of them?

Yeah, I did.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar