söndag 10 juli 2011

The bestest breakfast ever

I start work at 7 am (yes I know, it's horrendous). At 11 am we break for lunch and somewhere in between we have a coffee break. Now, I'm not a fan of having breakfast while I still have sleepies in my eyes so I prefer to have it at our first coffee break. (I do have a large cup of coffee with cream the first thing in the morning though.) The "problem" with this breakfast is that at 11, I'm still satisfied. A very gratifying problem of course since this means I'm not one of those people whose stomachs (and mouths) start to growl exactly a half an hour before lunch break. Or even an hour after lunch break. Therefore, this has to be the bestest breakfast ever. 

And take note of this, I make this in the morning and I get up about an hour before I go to work and I still have time to shower, choose outfit, get dressed and dolled up. It is that quick! I guess it takes 10 to 15 minutes for me to make, and then I often have to wash the pan and clean the counter before starting. So, if you are even the slightest more organized than I am, you could make this in 5 to 10 minutes. Lovely, isn't it?

Oh. Did I tell you it tastes like heaven with a cherry on top? It really does. And also it's a perfect picnic food, just wrap it up in some foil and bring it with you to eat on some lawn, on the go or whereever!

Omelette wrap filled with heavenly goodies
One serving

2 organic eggs (yes, nothing less than organic will do)
a dash of cream
cheese
butter 

Whisk it together quickly and pour it in a medium to high pre-heated pan with some butter. Fry, and when the top is dry, put slices of cheese on it (or grated). When the cheese has melted, the wrap is done. Put it on a platter or on some foil.
Now, you fill it with all the good stuff. You can use your favourite toppings or what you have in your fridge for the moment. I really do recommend though, that you always use cream cheese.

The filling (what I refer to as heavenly goodies)

Cream cheese
Greens (ruccola, baby spinache or by choice)
Cherry tomatoes
Avocado
Meat of choice (I often use italian salami or some other thinly sliced sausage)

Smear cream cheese all over the omelette and top it with the veggies and meat. Wrap it up or fold and put it in a container. Done!

See, it's that easy! And good. Heavenly good. And you surely will get jealous gazes from your collegues.



Gött!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar