onsdag 15 juni 2011

Herbaliscious bacon in a creamy sauce and steamed vegetables

Tonight I worked up my appetite by running around in the woods with my heart in my mouth, clinging to a lifesaving flashlight... In the Xbox game Alan Wake that is. (No, I haven't finished it yet and yes, I've had the game for about a year. I save my games for rainy days! Well... right now the sky is blue and the sun is shining but moving on..!)

Since I had the last of the Zucchini au gratin for lunch (From my second batch. Yes it was that good. I had to make another batch immediately after that I finished the first one. And while we are still on the subject, rumor has it that The Poor One developed the dish further. Something with cauliflower and pork he said. Well at least there were cream and cream cheese present, but I'm not certain, I'm still waiting for an entry.. (trying for the longest parentheses ever? Yep, possibly! Do you even remember how the sentence started? 'Cause here comes the rest! (Yeah, you'd better just read the beginning again and skip the parentheses', I'll write a mark so that you easier can see where the sentence continues. Oh, and according to wikipedia, overuse of parentheses is usually a sign of a badly structured text! How did they know that "badly structured" is my middle name!?) ) "MARK" I examined my fridge and decided to use bacon and some veggies to make my dinner. The outcome was, as the title says, a herbaliscious creamy bacon with steamed vegetables. Easy peasy, of course. Here it comes!

Herbaliscious bacon in creamy sauce
3-4 servings

200 grams of bacon
100 grams of cream cheese (garlic and herbs, but plain will do with adding some garlic)
300 ml of cream (full fat people, always full fat!)
10 cherry tomatoes
Fresh or frozen herbs (oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme (almost going to Scarborough fair?))

Fry the bacon into a crispy state. Put it on a platter. Pour the cream and the cream cheese into the pan put to boil. Add the bacon, the herbs and the cherry tomatoes in pieces. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Done!

Serve with steamed vegetables, chicken or whatever you have in the fridge. I used cauliflower and white cabbage. And folks, always steam your veggies instead of boiling them. This preserves all the healthy goodness for your body to enjoy.

Herbaliscious bacon in creamy sauce and steamed vegetables

Do I have to mention that it was:

Gött!


Also, earlier this week I made a coconut-lime ice cream. Perhaps another day you will get the pleasure to read all about that culinary adventure.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar