fredag 10 juni 2011

Lemon and tarragon Turkey and Zucchini au gratin

Warning! This entry may cause your taste buds to do a crazy dance!

They had this sale on turkey fillets at my local superstore so I snatched one up without knowing what to do with it. But since Google is my friend (but not the friend I call the Poor one), I let him find a suitable recipe. And this is what I made; Lemon and tarragon turkey. Super easy, super yummy! But it doesn't end there. Some previous weeks ago I had bought two zucchinis and now was the time to put them to use. Another visit at my friend Google got me a promising recipe in the form of  Zucchini au gratin. And let me tell you... my taste buds went to heaven and back, and then to heaven again. Perhaps because the dish reminded me of a zucchini pie my mom used to make when I was little, but I really do believe everyone who likes zucchini and potatoes au gratin will love this dish!

Down to business then.

Lemon and tarragon turkey

One turkey breast fillet
One lemon or lemon juice
Lemon pepper (now this, I understand, is a Swedish spice blend. It contains salt, black pepper, citric acid, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and lemon peel. If lemon pepper is nowhere to be found I guess you could use your own blend or just plain black pepper.)
Butter

Get the lemon juice and pat the turkey with it. Rub the turkey with lemon pepper and brown it in some butter. Put it in a suitable oven pan with some slices of butter. Dash some more lemon juice over the turkey and put it in the oven (300F/150C) to fry until well done. It is done when the inner temperature is 70 degrees Celsius or 158 degrees Fahrenheit.

But we didn't use any tarragon!? Now now, of course we have to make a sauce to go with the turkey. And here is how to make it:

Lemon and tarragon sauce

In the pan where you browned the turkey (don't clean it in between), pour some cream. Depending on how much sauce you want to make, use an appropriate amount of cream. I used about 150 mL. Let the cream simmer for a few minutes and add the tarragon to taste, a dash of lemon juice and a sprinkle of lemon pepper. Done! Now, you could serve the turkey with the sauce and some greens of choice and it could look something like this:

Lean meat equals fat sauce!

During the time the turkey was cooking, I prepared the Zucchini-dish. But when the turkey was done, I was too hungry to wait for the gratin to cook in the oven so I devoured the lemon turkey without the zucchini. Nonetheless, when the gratin was done I ate a fairly large piece of that as well. Here is how you make the:

Zucchini au gratin 


Two zucchinis
One red onion
200 grams of cream cheese with garlic and herbs
200 mL of Cream
Grated cheese

Slice the onion and the zucchinis. Put it mixed in a oven proofed pan. Blend the cream cheese with the cream and pour it over the veggies. Top it off with grated cheese and cook it in the oven (430F/225C) for 30-40 minutes.

Maybe the best thing you'd ever eat! And this gratin could easily be a substitute for potatoes au gratin. I will tresure this recipe until I die!

Oh, and of course the mandatory picture. Now, isn't that a sight for sore (hungry) eyes?

Zucchini au gratin

All I have to say about this is:

Gött!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar